Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Power of Attitude

Thought I would share some valuable tips from Earl Nightingale. I have been blessed with this incredible gift from one of my patients Mike D'Anna. His father and I shared books for many years and loved inspirational reads. Mr. D'Anna passed and Mike and I got to talking about his fathers love of books and mine as well. I mentioned to Mike that I would love to go through his fathers books when they were ready to get rid of them. Well Mike did something much greater than that for me. He found this old Earl Nightingale system with records and reading material from 1960 called "Lead The Field" and turned them into Cd's for me. I was so touched and grateful for this fabulous surprise. So now you all get to share with me some incredible teachings. I hope you enjoy it.

Attitude the magic word. At the beginning of a difficult task, what, more than anything else, will assure it successful outcome? Your attitude, the spirit you take into it will decide what you will get from the process. What all successful people have in common is a great attitude. In life this one factor is the you can definitely count on.

Why do some people seem to get old before their time, whereas others always seem to have a young and vibrant outlook? Their attitude about aging and the process. If you enjoy every birthday and forget about the number you will notice a huge difference in your attitude. Think about this every time you have a birthday it is a day of celebration for you are here on earth another year. Make the most of the gift you have of life and make a difference in those around you. Ask better questions like what can I do to serve someone else today?

Before a person can achieve the kind of life he wants, he must do what? See himself living that life. Envision his life in great detail all the things and events he has for this life. He must take with him on this journey his spirit and joy, along with the attitude of succeeding.

When someone treats you rudely or thoughtlessly, what is the attitude you should take towards him? You should not take it personally. You should smile and walk on. Easier said than done, but not if you know that for every action their is reaction. Let the universe take care of their matters. If you smile and walk on and not let them steal your joy and peace, that is much easier on you and your body than the turmoil you'll engage in by reacting in a similar fashion as theirs.

Just thought I would share what I took from this record/CD on Attitude and I will be sure to share much more. Enjoy! Life is a incredible journey.

Namaste

Lori Meadows

No comments: